Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pantry Make-over

It's done!!! This turned out to be a much bigger project than I had anticipated but I'm SO happy with the way it turned out. Sean thinks I'm crazy for doing this. I keep telling him it's going to save us money in the long run. By having it all neat and organized all the food will actually get used up and not lost or hidden behind the piles of stuff that seem to accumulate in there. Then he reminded me of the cost of all the containers I bought :)... I may have gone a little overboard, but man it's worth it! Don't you think? I keep finding myself walking in there for no apparent reason, just to sit back and admire it all. Here are more of the before pictures. As you can see, it was quite chaotic. First, I pulled EVERYTHING out. Painted, added some cute shelf paper from Chic Shelf Paper. It was kind of expensive if you ask me. I ended up spending about $100 on just the shelf paper, then about a week ago I found some really cute shelf paper at Target for $10. Don't you hate when that happens. Then I found these awesome canned food organizers on Pinterest and I ordered some right away. I got them at Rack-N-Roll Food Storage. All the containers I bought were just collected over time. I got some in the dollar section of Target, some from Walmart and most of them from IKEA. So here are all the AFTER pics. I used some chalk board labels I found on Amazon to label most everything in here. I like those because I can always wipe it off and label it something different if needed. I used the little magnetic containers I got from IKEA to hold little things like my bouillon cubes. I also started saving all my empty Isagenix shake canisters and used my left over shelf paper to make them a little cuter. I'm using them for things like cream of wheat, pancake mix, oatmeal, rice, ect. If they require directions I just cut them out of the card board box and saved them underneath the canister.
Another thing I did was paint the hunter green tile a cute gray color. I didn't think you could actually paint tile, but when I asked the Home Depot guy he said there is a special kind of primer you can use on slippery surfaces. It only works on tile that won't be getting wet very much, so it was perfect for this spot since it's not near a sink or anything.
Do you like how I added a fabric slip to my Isagenix canisters. I made them so I can easily slide them on and off since we go through the shakes pretty fast. I know, totally not necessary, but like I said, I went a little overboard with the cutsiness :). Once I started I just couldn't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment