Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Master Closet Renovation

It's officially DONE!!! We just got the washer and dryer put in and the shutters installed. Yay! So, I'm finally ready to show you what we've been doing around here over the past few months.
You remember what it looked like before? And NOW... My new awesome STEAM shower... I got my towels from Target. Don't ya just LOVE them? Now this is absolutely my dream closet! I have plenty of space for ALL of our clothes, meaning this is actually a FAMILY closet. I decided that it just works out better this way. Plus, we have the washer and dryer right here, why not just keep things easy, right:). I got some bins and labels and started organizing everything. Awww, I just love organization... and labels. Don't ya just love to look at things when they are all nice and put away. Just brings a smile to my face:). I designated one of the shelves for all my jewelry. Just nailed up a piece of molding, then put a bunch of nail hooks in it to hang all my necklaces and earrings. My mom made this lovely bench cushion and pillows. Turned out pretty cute I think. This is the view from the bench. Straight ahead you'll see there is another little room. In this room we have a little corner desk and a sauna. As you can see there is a little window in hear. We decided to add it so it doesn't feel so tight in this little space. Plus it's nice to be able to talk to the kids from here if they are down in the kitchen. Here is what it looks like from the outside. The other little room we added on was this little loft that leads into the great room below. This is where our exercise equipment ended up. Turns out I really LOVE them here. It's nice to be up here on the treadmill and feel like I can still keep an eye on what my kids are doing. Here's how it looks from the bedroom. It feels so much more spacious now that's for sure. Sean's weights didn't fit in the work out room so we made a little free weight nook for him. Got the big mirror from IKEA and we tucked away his bench in this little crawl space. He just slides it out when he wants to lift weights.

In case any one was wondering, we used Bluebird Renovations for this project. They were awesome and I would highly recommend them for any remodel job.

Do you like my new guitar? I've been really trying to learn to play the darn thing. It's pretty dang hard if you ask me. As soon as I get better I may play a song or two for you guys :). So that's it! Our new closet! Before you leave I just want to show off these pics I took of my little girls. I was just so proud of the way they turned out. I shared them on Facebook already but in case you didn't see them, here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment