Thursday, March 29, 2012

St. Patricks Day Fun



We had a fun filled weekend down in St. George celebrating birthday's and St. Patricks Day. We had some friends over, my in-laws and my mom here.
We all wore our green...
I tried to make a clover in Lily's hair but it didn't turn out as cute as the one I saw on Pinterest. She didn't like the way it looked either so she made me take some of it out.
We added a little St. Patty's day flare around the house...
Lily and I made a rainbow fruit plate with a pot of gold at the end...
We had a REAL Irish meal with corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. My mother in law did all the cooking and it was AMAZING!!! She's an incredible cook!
Made a yummy green jello dessert. Just mixed up some instant pistachio pudding, mixed in some marshmellows, canned pineapple, and cool whip. SO yummy!
Enjoyed great company.
Here's my mom with Brooklyn.
We sang Happy Birthday to Oliver.
Then I made everyone sing Happy Birthday to me :)
After everyone left we set up a Leprechaun trap with the kids.
The Leprechaun was supposed try to go inside to get his pot of gold. He would then step on the popsicle stick which would cause the door to slam shut trapping him inside. This is my first year actually doing something fun for St. Patricks day so the kids were pretty excited about this. Lately Oliver has been waking up every morning at 5am and coming into our bed. We told him that if he wanted to catch the Leprechaun he had to stay in his bed ALL night. It actually worked!!! Now if only we could come up with something every night to keep him in his bed.
The next morning the kids woke up all excited to see if their trap worked.
I guess Lenny the Leprechaun really had to pee (we used green food coloring in the water, and green washable paint for the foot prints, make your hand into a fist and put the paint on the pinky side of your hand, then use your fingers to make the toes).

Unfortunately Lenny the Leprechaun was too fast. He got away but left a note and some magic potion for the kids. The potion (green koolaid and sugar) would bring them good luck, but grown ups aren't aloud to drink it because something strange would happen if they did.
Then later that day we had a delicious Shamrock Shake, my own healthy version of one anyway.

  • Fresh Pineapple
  • Spinach
  • Silk Coconut Milk
  • Banana
  • Green Apple
  • Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment