Thursday, March 29, 2012

Placenta Encapsulation

I've been meaning to do a follow up post on my placenta encapsulation. People have been asking me if I noticed a difference. The answer is YES!

I felt surprisingly good after having a baby. Healed up fast, no post partum, energy was great and bleeding was minimal. The biggest difference I noticed is how nice my hair is. Usually about this time I start losing a ton of hair. Right now my hair feels fuller and healthier than ever, not to mention LONGER. Usually I'm wearing extensions to try to make up for the dramatic hair loss. So I'm pretty excited about that! Here's a quick picture I tried taking of my hair.
Now I'm not sure if the placenta pills could have any affect on baby, but Brooklyn is by far my easiest. She pretty much slept through the night since birth. How amazing is that? Could possibly have something to do with delivering her naturally, I'd like to think so anyway :). She's just so pleasant and happy ALL the time. I've enjoyed this new born stage more than I ever have in the past. All I can remember with Lily and Oliver as new borns is that I was EXHAUSTED!!!! Being sleep deprived sure clouds the whole experience.
Another thing I've noticed is that Brooklyn is incredibly alert at only 3 months. She's already grabbing things and putting them in her mouth. It's amazing to see!
One more thing that we've done differently this time around is avoided vaccines. Now I know a lot of you out there might think I'm crazy or a horrible mother, but trust me, we've made this decision after doing extensive research. We aren't against them all together, we do plan to do them eventually. We're following Dr. Mercola's plan which suggests you wait until the child is 2 years old before starting. Also, we will have her get one at a time instead of getting multiple shots all in one visit. Read Dr. Mercola's article HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment