Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baby Acne Cure

Baby acne? What the heck! Babies aren't supposed to get acne, they're supposed to have that gorgeous soft skin we all adore and envy. Oliver and Lily both got the baby acne pretty bad when they were about 6 weeks old and it took about 2-3 weeks for it to go away. I was hoping that Brooklyn might be lucky and not get it, but nope, she started breaking out about a week ago. Poor girl had little white heads all over her scalp and some on her cheeks too. So I went online to see if I could find any advice and I came across a bunch of testimonials from other moms who had tried baking soda. Some also recommended Eucerin cream. So I tried both and was amazed that within one day it was 90 percent gone and by day two, completely GONE!!! I couldn't believe it. Wish I'd known this for Lily and Oliver.

All you do is mix some baking soda with warm water to make a paste. Then put it all over the affected areas and wash it off. Afterwards I put some of the Eucerin face lotion on to moisturize her skin. I did mix a couple drops of Jojoba oil into the lotion before applying, but I don't think it matters either way. Jojoba Oil mimics human skin's natural sebum so it's a great moisturizer for all skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment