Thursday, March 29, 2012

Family Pictures

Getting family pictures is always such an ordeal especially with small children. First you've got to pick the location, then decide on a wardrobe color scheme. You've got to pick the best time of day which is sunrise or sunset. We go with sunrise of course :)... I'm kidding. I don't even know the last time I saw a sunrise. I'm definitely not a morning person. Anyway, so then you've got to get everyone ready and make it to the location before it gets too dark. And the kids all have to be well fed and in a good mood of course. Good luck with that one.

So last night we attempted this yet again. We were rushing out the door hoping to catch the sunset. Oliver had food all over his face, dirt on his pants and hair was a mess. As I'm chasing him around with comb in hand, Brooklyn's crying because she's hungry, tired and needed a diaper change. Lily was complaining about her shoes not fitting right. Sean was on a phone call (work related), and I'm sweating like a pig running around trying to make it all happen.

We get to the place, set up the tripod and timer and away we went...

of course it's not possible to get one where everyone's looking at the camera...

or smiling.

We got all kinds of fun ones though.

Some muscle man pictures.



One with the kids and their grandparents. Love this one.





We got the cheesy smile ones...



The bad angle ones. You know as a women, you've got to be standing just right in order to look your thinnest :). Gotta love the ones that make you look 50 lbs heavier.


Then you get the ones that are just right. Not trying to brag, but I did like how the wind blew my hair just at the right moment and the lighting was just perfect. Then of course I was standing at the right angle covering up all my extra post pregnancy curves I've got goin on. Sean keeps telling me he likes me with a little extra junk in the trunk so I guess that makes me feel better.


Here's Sean doing his famous cover boy pose. We could all learn a little somethin from this guy. Look how he puckers his lips ever so slightly and uses his soft bedroom eyes to top it all off. Utter perfection!



We captured a sweet "mother with her kids" picture. With Oliver picking his nose, Brooklyn looking like she has gas and Lily getting impatient with all the picture taking. Turned out just about right.



Oh now here is another great one by Mr. Sean Escobar himself. Wow! Is all I can say. Just WOW!





This one I'm definitely framing!





Adorable father son picture. Absolutely LOOOOOVE this one. This pretty much sums up their relationship. Oliver couldn't be happier than when he's just hanging out with his dad.

And of course we had to through in a couple lovey dovey ones.

I took all these pictures with my very own camera. One of my goals this year is to get better at photography so I can take great pics of my own family. I have the Canon T3i and I LOVE it! We used a cheap walmart tripod this time because I forgot mine back in SLC (we took these pics in St. George if you couldn't tell). I used a couple different photoshop actions I bought from Pure Photography & Design and some free ones I got from the Pioneer Women. Also I use Photoshop Elements which is the cheaper easier version of photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment