Monday, January 28, 2013

Spinach Cubes

You all know I'm a big fan of green smoothies. I mostly like to use spinach for my greens because the taste is very mild. I usually add a huge handfull into my morning Isagenix shake. The one thing I hate is that the spinach seems to go bad too fast. So recently I got proactive about it. Instead of always throwing away half the bag of spinach I decided to freeze it before it goes bad. I just put it all in my Vitamixer, then used my muffin tins to freeze little individual servings. Then once they were frozen I transfered them over to a freezer bag. This way it's nice and convenient to just grab one and add it to my smoothy. It's also nice to have these for those sneaky recipes I mentioned before. I also saw a brownie recipe recently where you can add spinach to them. Sounds like a great idea. Just google "spinach brownies" and you'll find a ton of recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment